USEFUL RUNNING LINKS
The official England Athletics recreational running project which aims to get the whole city running!
• Local running groups led by qualified leaders
• Inclusive and beginner-friendly environment
• Community, workplace, education & club based groups
A range of marked out running or jogging routes across the city that anyone can have a go at!
• Marked routes of varying distances – short, medium, long
• Across various parks in Manchester
• Suitable for anyone to have a go at… when they want!
Bringing athletics to the people in a fun, vibrant, inclusive, format in places people feel comfortable!
• Uses core athletics skills: running, jumping & throwing
• Combined with a circuit training approach
• Delivered by qualified leaders
Walk 2 Run
Manchester City Council’s Active Lifestyles programme aiming to improve the health and well being of Manchester residents
• From walking to running in no time!
• Perfect for absolute beginners
• Build up towards a 5k or 10k event
Free, weekly, 5km timed runs, every Saturday starting at 9am in:
• Heaton Park
• Platt Fields Park
• Wythenshawe Park
• Burnage Park
Great Run Local
Free, weekly 2km and 5km runs for all abilities:
• Debdale Park – 9am Sundays
• Birchfields Park – 11am Sundays
• Wythenshawe Park – 9am Sundays
• Salford Quays – 7pm Thursdays
To be keep in touch with all the latest news and announcements
about running in Manchester, sign up here…